|Automatic taxobox help|
| Thanks for creating an automatic taxobox. We don't know the taxonomy of "Becklespinax altispinax".
Temporal range: Early Cretaceous, 133 Ma
|Holotype (BMNH R1828) illustrated c. 1850s|
|Unrecognized taxon ():||Becklespinax altispinax|
'Becklespinx (BEK-ul-SPINE-aks) is a species of large theropod dinosaur. Travis is one of the few people that have studied this species of dinosaur. It was recently recreated in 2309, but was released in 2311.
It was once thought Altispinax was a separate species, but when it was recreated, it was shown to resemble a Becklespinax .
Its nickname is Beckle's Spinosaur, even though it is not a true spinosaur.
It is mostly grey and black in colour with lattice-like scales. Chicks have soft protofeathers.
It is similar to Megalosaurus and may be the same species as it.
Though solitary, it may gang up with others to help bring down huge prey. It is an active hunter, but mainly relying on weakened and sick prey.
It feeds on large sauropods and some ornithiscians. It mainly feeds on the sick and weak, but will actively hunt if there isn't any available prey. Scavenges whenever possible.
Its roar is loud and deafening, and can be heard for miles. Chicks are known to make soft chirping noises. The mother responds back with similar noises .
Mounting was generally considered a struggle for dinosaurs, due to their large size. However, a female will squat down and allow the male to copulate her, like what a bird does .
Fossils were found in Britannia.
It has been recreated and currently lives in various wildlife parks throughout Europa.
- ^ a b c Holtz, Dr. Thomas Jr.; Luis V. Rey (2007). Dinosaurs: The Most Complete, Up-to-Date Encyclopedia for Dinosaur Lovers of All Ages. Random House. ISBN 9780375824197.
- ^ TRAVIS, GEORGE. Altispinax (Theropoda) is the same species as Becklespinax (Theropoda: Carnosauria). 2/3/2311
- ^ TRAVIS, GEORGE. Observations of Becklespinax altispinax (Theropoda: Carnosauria) calls. 4/23/2311.
- ^ TRAVIS, GEORGE. Reproductive strategies of the Becklespinax altispinax (Theropoda: Carnosauria). 2/3/2311.
- ^ TRAVIS, GEORGE. Eggs of the Becklespinax altispinax (Theropoda: Carnosauria). 5/9/2311
- ^ TRAVIS, GEORGE. Observations of the Becklespinax altispinax (Theropoda: Carnosauria) chicks. 6/30/2311
| Projects |